Sunday, August 18, 2013

The World's Largest Truck Stop


This is where we were on Friday - just before leaving Iowa and entering Illinois - at the World's Largest Truck Stop!  It is huge - and there were lots and lots of things to buy and plenty of food choices.  Bathrooms were great and there were trucks galore out in the parking lot!




Fabulous displays of -------trucks!



I took a walk down memory lane with an Orange Julius!  Haven't had one of those since I can't remember when!


Look how happy and excited I am!

Just as we were leaving - I walked past the cash register where it said - in big letters up on the wall above the counter - "Nothing can surpass the joy of shopping with us." Wow, can you believe it?  I felt kind of bad that I actually hadn't made a purchase except the Julius and some peanuts - hmmm even that made me feel pretty happy. I don't know what the rest of you are going to do because getting out here to Iowa takes a pretty long time.

The only bad part of this stop was getting out of the parking lot - easy to get in, HARD to get out!

Here we are waiting and waiting in a long line of cars:


George wasn't feeling the joy!

Finally we crossed the mighty Mississippi River!


We were in Illinois!

We have just finished two wonderful days visiting with George's sister Grace and her husband Jim as well as their children and grandchildren.  What great hosts they are!  We ate and ate lots of good food, talked and talked late into the night, and thoroughly enjoyed being around such lovely relatives.












No comments:

Post a Comment